Jazz Dispensary - The Dank D-Funk Blend (180g LP)
The newest installment in the ongoing Jazz Dispensary series features a mind-expanding collection of rare and funky tracks from the ’60s and ’70s, culled from the Prestige Records catalog by guest curator Doyle Davis, co-owner of Grimey’s Records in Nashville, TN. Jazz Dispensary: The Dank D-Funk Blend offers the highest-quality experience for the funk fan, with hard-driving grooves like the upbeat “Message From the Meters” by Funk, Inc., and “Sing a Simple Song” by Charles Earland. The package features an original cover design by Argentinian artist Mariano Peccinetti in an embossed sleeve.
1. Message From The Meters - Funk, Inc.
2. Sing A Simple Song - Charles Earland
3. Song For My Father - Richard "Groove " Holmes
4. Cissy Strut (Edit) - Houston Person
1. Theme From Shaft - Bernard Purdie
2. Super Bad - Idris Muhammad
3. Thank You (Part 1) - Melvin Sparks
4. I Feel The Earth Move - Boogaloo Joe Jones
• Remastered from the original analog tapes
• Pressed on 180-gram opaque green swirl vinyl